Archive

Topic: I WANT TO KNOW,DOUG???? (2 replies)
#1     Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 am
WB2HMY
ARECIBO,P.R.

Subject: I WANT TO KNOW,DOUG????

DOUG,WHATS THE FIRST DAY CQ-100 WENT ONLINE ? LIKE IF YOU PUT A LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT THE CONCEPT OF THE PROGRAM YOU DEVELOPED...WHEN THIS CAME TO MIND?? ARE YOU HAPPY WITH THE DIRECTION IT'S GOING ???
#2     Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

I woke up one morning in April 2006 with the idea for CQ100 clear in my head. I rushed to work and told Clay about my idea. We drew up a command set to be used between the clients and the server. I built the pretty client and Clay built the server program. After 5 months of hard work, the service was released to the public by September 2006. The back-end membership system integrated with the e-commerce was almost as much work at the program itself. The e-commerce was up and running by December. I have no regrets and I remain very proud of this project.

73, Doug
#3     Fri May 18, 2012 3:53 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: and proud you should be

CQ100 has become a ham radio lifeline for thousands of hams that would otherwise be "off the air."

Personally, I use RF and CQ100 both. I enjoy and have friends on both.

I no-longer fear the great "down sizing" coming in my future. Gone will be the big wire antennas and most RF operations. However, I will continue on with CQ100.

Life is good!

Bill W2BLC

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.