Archive

Topic: How did I do this? (2 replies)
#1     Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 am
W5BIO
Louisville, MS, USA

Subject: How did I do this?

I was listening to CQ100 set on QRT this morning and called up my Google Chrome to work on my internet shops.

The radio was in the back of the browser, not showing.

During the net is was listening to, one man said, "Let's let W5BIO in". (my call sign) I was pretty shocked. :shock: I wasn't set up to respond so let it go. They called me one more time.

Is it possible to be typing in my internet shops and click through the browser to the radio and accidentally hit VOX or PTT?

I'd love to know if it's possible so I won't do that again.

:oops:

Thanks,
Laurie
#2     Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Laurie,

I cannot duplicate this behavior. All mouse clicks and keyboard presses are ignored by CQ100 if the program does not have the focus. If people were seeing intermittent transmissions from you while you were using some other program, the only explanation is that CQ100 was in VOX mode and not QRT.

Remember the mode is stored by band, so if you went to QRT mode on one band, then switched to another band, you may not still be in QRT mode.

I suspect your mic was hearing your speakers and trying to trigger VOX transmit on this sound. CQ100 refuses to allow your transmit when the frequency is busy, so the other station continued talking. When the other station said OVER, your vox delay keyed you on-air for a second, but everything was now quiet so your vox went off-air after this quick key-on. It sounded to everyone that you were asking for a break to get into the conversation.

Perhaps CQ100 should be designed so it will never transmit unless it has the Windows focus. Or perhaps the VOX mode should be removed entirely.

73, Doug
#3     Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm
W5BIO
Louisville, MS, USA

Subject:

Thank you very much, Doug. It does seem like that may be what happened. I know I closed down my CQ100 last night it was on QRT, but I did go from band to band today.

I'll make sure that when I go to each band to make it QRT unless I'm talking on it. :)

My husband, W5RKO, and I really, really love CQ100 and QSO TV.

Your quick responses are very appreciated.

Thanks,
Laurie

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.