#1     Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 pm
KA1DMZ
ACUSHNET,MA

Subject: iphone app

Will there be a APP for IPHONE it would be great
#2     Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:10 am
2E0KAH

Subject:

There are 2 or 3 threads on this subject including one that Doug replied to.

He sounds neither enthusiastic nor interested.

Shame really as the mobile iPad, aPad and iPhone Android market is slowly taking over from the more traditional PC/laptop.
#3     Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:05 pm
VE6ER
Edmonton AB

Subject:

Perhaps we should try and remember what this system is. A Virtual amateur transceiver based on a PC. Intended to be as reastic as possible rendition of an actual transceiver. Adapting it for other systems obvoiously takes time and effort and money. I, and I think many others are very happy with what Doug has produced. I can think of modifications that would better fit my needs. Try getting Yaesu, Icom, Kenwood or any of the amateur transceiver manufacturers to adapt their product for individuals.
#4     Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:14 pm
2E0KAH

Subject:

You really can't compare transceiver manufacturers and software companies. The transceiver market moves very little whereas the software market is ever changing.

If software companies, whoever they may be, do not move with the times then products become stale, outdated and eventually die as users lose interest and drift away.

If you look through the various threads you will several requests for an Android app. This is the way that the market is going. OK this may well be of no interest at all to older amateurs (particularly the over 70's) as they tend not to be very interested in emerging and alternative technologies.

Times change, new younger amateurs are becoming licensed all the time. Older amateurs are slowly fading away.

The message for all software companies has to be, 'Develop or die'. This is what the market dictates.

Regards,

Kim.
2E0KAH
#5     Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 am
M1CYK
Colchester, UK

Subject:

"Times change, new younger amateurs are becoming licensed all the time. Older amateurs are slowly fading away. The message for all software companies has to be, 'Develop or die'. This is what the market dictates."
Are there any other companies out there who are interested in developing another program as good as CQ-100 so it can be used by those interested in "android etc. ?" CQ-100 was made for a pc and does the job very well. When all the oldies like myself are silent keys and none of the new amateurs are subscribing Doug will just pull the plug. It is paying for itself at present and Doug is probably quite happy with that.
73s
#6     Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:19 pm
VE6ER
Edmonton AB

Subject:

Quite correct 2E0KMH I was not comparing them. I am saying that those companies will not adapt their product for individual likes. If there is enough demand they will produce a new model. Cost $1500 approx.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.