Archive

Topic: Is any new development planned? (1 replies)
#1     Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:26 am
KE0N
Minneapolis, MN

Subject: Is any new development planned?

I was a registered user of CQ100 a couple of years ago but let my registration lapse. The primary reason for this had to do with lack of additional development.

Although a number of users request feature enhancement, none are implemented.

The CQ100 application provides a valuable access method to many looking for a way to engage the hobby with limited means or inactive HF/VHF stations.

However, the application does not appear to be evolving and previous registrants fall off.

I am neither a disgruntled user or incessant complainer - however, I do think future development of the application - the direction - the community needs need to be addresses.

Respectfully,

Eliot Ricciardelli KE0N
#2     Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:22 am
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: I must agree - time for some updates

I have been a daily user of CQ100 since the first day I signed up. My average hours are two or three a day. We all know the advantages, so I won't preach to the choir.

That said, I'd sure like to see some upgrades in the GUI. Cute gadgets are not being sought - merely a few tweeks to what already works so well.

For my mind, memories would be great. Kind of a basic feature to all XCVRs these days.

An indicating system showing who is logged on would not be great. It would prevent the time honored tradition of sand bagging and just tuning around (SWLing).

The few dollars I spend annually on CQ100 is the best money I have ever spend in nealy 50 years of hamming. The term "cost effective" come to mind.

Requiring licenses of all operators and having rules is wonderful. Please do not change that.

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.