Archive

Topic: Server problem - or ISP problem? (2 replies)
#1     Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:53 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Server problem - or ISP problem?

Not often, but enough to be distracting, I experience a drop of incoming signals. If I click the band button for the band in use, the problem will usually correct itself. Rarely, I will have to restart CQ100.

Also, rarely, the message about connecting to QSO Net will be seen on the information display and everything will stop.

This is all more of a problem within the past couple of weeks than it has been in nearly two years of daily use.

I tend to blame Time Warner - as most of the contacts I have are using them and say they are having similar problems.

So, is anyone not using Time Warner experiencing similar problems?

Thanks, Bill W2BLC
#2     Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:32 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

This sounds like a problem with a weak wireless signal, or QRM of your wireless signal by neighbor's router, microwave ovens, wireless phones. The best solution is to go wired. My wireless mouse got lazy after I installed a new wireless telephone.

Some other reasons are discussed here...
http://qsonet.com/faq.html#VOIC

73, Doug
#3     Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:27 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Test are OK here

Thanks for the reply,

I did a test and the numbers are way over the top. But I am on cable and wired also, so I expect the numbers to be very high.

Further, the demands of CQ100 are so low, that I am sure the problem is with the ISP. Good luck in getting anything out of them except a monthly bill.

Thanks for the service - I enjoy it every day.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.