Archive

Topic: ON CW (3 replies)
#1     Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 am
KG6UGS
victorville ca

Subject: ON CW

When you hear good cw going on between persons and the FLDIGI is not reading what is the cause, is it that it is not strong enought to get over the white noise ???
Thank you anyone
JACK KG6UGS 73 CA
#2     Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

Are you putting the waterfall cursor over the signal display in the waterfall? You can get rid of the white noise on the CQ100 by clicking on the squelch button. Also, if copy with FLDigi is not perfect, it could mean that the CW being sent isn't perfect either. You can also download a program called CWCom. There are two news channels in CW that you can use FLDigi to decode. Of course, this is a little redundant, since CWCom already prints out what is being sent.

You can also google W7TTY internet TTY and using Windows Media Player listen to RTTY news feeds that others email in to a queue. FLDigi does a great jpb copying this. Use RTTY-45 and REV. Just use this address in media Player:
http://65.243.191.51:8000

Kind of fun to have this running in the background, while you are doing something else. FLDigi also will create a save a file for all received information. Each session, new data is just appended to the file.

Configure/User Interface/Misc/Text Capture/ then checkmark Enable RX Text Stream.

Hope this helps.

George, NJ3H
#3     Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 pm
KG6UGS
victorville ca

Subject: cw

Thank you George yes it will, I will try the waterfall item you mentioned.
Thank you very much
Jack
#4     Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:38 pm
KG6UGS
victorville ca

Subject: CQ100

ANYONE WANTING TO POST PLEASE DO, I KNOW I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS AND I AM SURE YOU DO, I AM NEW TO CQ100 AND AM ENJOYING IT GREATLY AND PLAN TO JOIN WHEN I GET THE MONEY, RETIREMENT IS A B----.
NEW HAMS COME ON AND LETS BUILD THIS DISCUSSION WITH HELP NEEDED POSTS.

AND THANKS TO THE MEN THAT HELPED ME .
JACK KG6UGS
VICTORVILLE CA ON THE MOJAVE DESERT 73

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.