Archive

Topic: CQ100 on Mobile Phone (2 replies)
#1     Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:39 pm
G0GUF
HIXON, STAFFORD, ENGLAND

Subject: CQ100 on Mobile Phone

Has anyone tried to communicate on cq100 using their mobile phone.

I have managed to down load the programme on my mobile and I can log in and look at qso net discussions and all the other items, but when I tried to bring up the radio to start either cw or voice a little box pops up and shows "setup-cq100_210_277" is not a valid pocket pc application. Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks in anticipation. Regards John Youde
#2     Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:48 am
KB4T
Holly Hill, FL

Subject: Ain't gonna happen

I don't think you can run CQ100 on a mobile phone yet.

I operate QSONET Mobile by setting up my Netbook with it's cellular modem. Tapping the spacebar to transmit and go back to receive is fairly easy with the netbook setup within arm's reach. As long as I can stay connected to the cellular data system I can ragchew as I drive.

I travel through northeastern Florida quite a bit. Handoffs from tower to tower don't always work well (I'm on ATT with an unlimited data plan.) So I get disconnected from time to time. Sometimes I have to quit the CQ100 application and restart it to get back on the system.

It's not perfect but it's better than nothing. Perhaps when the next cellular system upgrade is built things will work more better!!

Frank KB4T
Florida
#3     Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:01 am
G0GUF
HIXON, STAFFORD, ENGLAND

Subject: CQ100 on Mobile Phone

Dear Frank

Thanks very much for your reply. I will probably have to wait patiently for Doug to sort something out for the future. Its just that, I am a CW man and the keyboard on my phone would have been ideal for sending morse.

However, thanks and glad you are at least being mobile with your Netbook and perhaps as you say when the next cellular system upgrade is built you won't have a problem with too many disconnections.

73's Take Care
Regards John Youde G0GUF

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.