Archive

Topic: Net Permission on 29mhz Navy MARS (5 replies)
#1     Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:44 pm
N2GDY
Dobbs Ferry, New York

Subject: Net Permission on 29mhz Navy MARS

Hi Doug, I just found how to ask this ? Can we run a MARS VHF net uasally 30mins long if that to help a disabled member who had to move from Long Island to Texas due to health issues. I as the net control only let the non-traffic comments patch through so he could stay in touch with the net here in NY (Navy MARS) members. Him being involed so long with us it was a great blow to him that he was forced to move closer to family in Texas to be cared for and his wife who also now took ill and wound up in a restricted antenna QTH. Our group has slowly been getting it togeather and getting CQ100 and tonight we talked to him in Texas for a good hour and really made him happy again. We were on the HAM side then. More members getting on board soon. You have done a great service for these "shut ins" We are using 29mhz as I see you want HF nets to be (out of the way) which is fine for us if it's ok with you. Well thank you in advance. Bob C
#2     Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:02 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: MARS

If that is NAVY MARS, why couldnt you conduct the training there and have members enroll into the program. MARS, and all branches on what I read use the internet for messages etc., so this would be one step closer to handling the traffic<if any>, since one is on the net already. Who knows maybe more members that have restrictions can get on this...

POB/K8LEN :shock:
#3     Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:15 pm
N2GDY
Dobbs Ferry, New York

We are woring on that members are getting on board as HAMS with Ham calls. We can not use MARS calls on the HAM bands and no ham calls on the MARS freqs so this idea will not work for what we wanted to do. Will just meet up after the net and fill him in where we can.

MARS is an RF operations and thought this will help, thanks anyway. Maybe MARS will have their own QSOMARS MARS ONLY :D
Bob End of Idea
#4     Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:02 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Bob,

Yes its fine to run this net. Good luck.

Doug
#5     Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 pm
N2GDY
Dobbs Ferry, New York

Thanks will just cut out the MARS calls a bit 73 Bob
#6     Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 pm
KE7ZOI
Selah,WA

Subject:

As amature radio ops, why don't you use CQ100 with your calls and under your call list your MARS call. Some list there cq number or prior ham call sign. What would be wrong with that? Then discuss anything you want.
If A guy doesn't list his MARS mumber only HAM call he isn't going to know what yoyur topic is anyway?

Just A thought! :roll: :shock:

KE7ZOI dave

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.