Archive

Topic: Am I having a Voice and 'scan-to-next' trouble? (3 replies)
#1     Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:07 pm
VE5DKB
North Battleford, SK

Subject: Am I having a Voice and 'scan-to-next' trouble?

Hi Doug:
Down-loaded v1.1 and installed. Had some problems with it not working as listed. Noted 100% CPU usage and read about installing Build-176. Done so and that was fixed, but my other 2 troubles remain:

1. Ctrl+Page-UP still doesn't seem to turn on the voice. It it possible that I need to install MS-Voice? I'm new to Win2000, more familier with Win98.

2. Ctrl+Up/Down arrows doesn't stop at the next signal, and just continues to the band edge unless you press the arrow keys by when you're close to the signal.

It's possible the trouble may be on my install. Bought the computer without doing a fresh Win2k install, so maybe that needs to be done.

I'm posting this so that it may be a concern with someone else.

That's again with this great program as I'm having a great time with it!

VE5DKB

Dave
#2     Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:57 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Dave,

1. It uses the default Text-To-Speech voice. So I guess you need to have a voice installed.

2. This behavior would be explained if the video is running 256 color mode. The tuning stops when it sees one particular color go past.

I hope this helps.
#3     Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:25 pm
VE5DKB
North Battleford, SK

Subject:

Quote:
1. It uses the default Text-To-Speech voice. So I guess you need to have a voice installed.

2. This behavior would be explained if the video is running 256 color mode. The tuning stops when it sees one particular color go past.
===============================================
>1. Found that I had my Colors' set at 'High Color' (16 bit), but when I went to 'True Color' (32 Bit), works beautiful!

>2. Tryed 'Ctl-PgUp' to turn on speech, but causes the 'Sweep' setting to change to 100khz from 500khz. Also, opens the squelch with the Squelch button still on and lit. I have to toggle off/on to get it to work again. Still no voice frequency read-out. I can live with that.
> Had tried 'Narrator', but that wasn't the answer either.

Will have to look into it again when I'm more familier with Win2k.

I'll keep reading others posts and they might even have an answer.

Thanks again Doug.

VE5DKB
Dave[/quote]
#4     Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:34 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Dave. Glad you solved the SEEK problem.

When you select the voice SPEAK mode, I made it so the click on PTT is dead, the Mode goes to PTT so the space bar must be held down, the Sweep goes to 100 kHz, and the squelch goes off. All of these things are set to assist someone who cannot see the screen. This is not a bug. I made this behavior by design.

($32.00 USD = $36.42 CAD)

..Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.