Archive

Topic: Warning about "INAPPROPRIATE" pictures. (1 replies)
#1     Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:23 pm
VE3EFC

Subject: Warning about "INAPPROPRIATE" pictures.

I have just banned 4 stations after many complaints they were sharing inappropriate images over QsoTV. These stations will now be out-of-pocket the $32 they paid to use the system.

Everyone has a different idea what is appropriate and what is not. What some people call "JOKE" pictures are offensive to others. QsoTV is open to public viewing, so you must apply the highest standards in deciding what pictures you wish to share.

What is inappropriate? Well, if you would not show it to a 5 year old child or a 90 year old grandmother, it does not belong on this system.

There are many other programs to share risque joke pictures on the internet.

I feel badly about keeping these payments. But my stance is important to all users.

73, Doug
#2     Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I have cooled down and thought more about this topic overnight...

A few guys were having fun and got carried away with sharing joke pictures. Lurkers on the frequency did not appreciate their sense of humor and were offended by the pictures.

In retrospect, I should have warned them before issuing a lifetime ban. For reasonable people, a polite warning would have been enough to make them aware of the problem.

They are now reinstated and warned. I felt really sad about banning them.

I am told this same issue has been a problem on real SSTV for many years. Images that are funny jokes to some, are offensive and gross to others.

I urge all stations to consider this fact when sending images over the QsoNet system.

73, Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.