Archive

Topic: whats new on the new version (14 replies)
#11     Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

I suspect your firewall has detected the new version is not the same as the version that was previously authorized. Many firewalls have this problem when you do a version upgrade. Try to remove the firewall authorization for CQ100.EXE to use the internet, then wait for your firewall to ask persmission again for the new version. The firewall must be set to ask and not to blindly reject. What version fo Windows? What firewall? What version of CQ100 was previously working?
#12     Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:25 am
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

Hello Doug

Interesting that I heard some guys talking last night about what I had mentioned in my previous post of a couple days ago.... which was wishing that only the transmitting station could send a picture.

I'm sure they didn't know that your original setup was in fact "transmitting station being the only one that can send a picture" ... then you changed it to the present setup where anyone can fire off a picture.

So I was glad to hear that I was not the only one that prefered it was back to the original setup of only the transmitting station is able to send a picture.

ADDED LATER... Maybe I should clarify my wishes. Hopefully CQ100 members use good judgement in the pictures they send and when possible wait until in transmit mode rather than just randomly tossing out as many pictures as they can.

For an example... I have made some pictures to be used to flash on the screen if I am in QSO and the phone rings OR if the other station is transmitting and nature calls (hi hi) and I have to leave the computer. If the other station is running the TV, then they will know I had to leave and won't be talking to themselves. In this case I will transmit a picture when I am in the listening mode.

Sometimes when I am just sitting on a frequency with no QSO going on, I will transmit a picture that says "CQ CQ... etc." So if someone is monitoring, they will see I am on and available. I guess since it doesn't interupt a QSO in progress, no big deal.

Maybe there should be an agreed frequencey by members where you can go and send pictures until the dog comes home. If you want every picture in your picture files to been seen by the rest of the world...that would be the place to do it. OTHERWISE, use your pictures only to enhance the conversation in progress. JUST MY OPINION.

So, Doug, I guess I would say leave as you have it and hope all will use common sense and good judgement about how often they send random pictures and what kind (subject matter) of pictures they send.

rich wb0wls
#13     Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:57 pm
W8CSN
Westland, Michigan USA

Subject:

Doug,

Just a couple of ideas that I would like to see added in the future:

> A way to add text to the image before transmit

> Seperate windows for the Tx and Rcv pictures

Not critical items, but they would be nice improvements.

Thanks for the additional program Doug

Steve
W8CSN
#14     Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:18 pm
KS4OT
EATONTON, GA ... LAKE OCONEE

Subject: qso tv problem sending

VE3EFC wrote:
Thanks for reporting this problem. We are not sure what caused it, but we have some ideas.

1) Always be sure CQ100 is closed while you install an upgrade over top of a previous version.

2) We changed a configuration on the server this morning, where you had to be talking while you picture was sending. Now anyone (even lurkers) can transmit a picture at any time. Pictures may now be sent and received, even when you are in QRT mode.

3) CQ100 is not supposed to work with Windows 98 / ME, but I heard a few people got it working. If you somehow got it working with Windows 98 / ME, I suggest you hold you breath and not disturb anything and forget about updating to new versions.

..Doug
I cant get qso tv to transmit dont knw what im doing wrong i can recive and i can transmit on mic talking what am i doing wrong it want key up the transmitter i hear the sound going and it says the picture has transmitted on screen but not keying up the tranmitter while sending any help would be appreciated ... do i have to configure the sound card before i sent picture .....
#15     Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:27 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Sending pictures does not key up the rig. It has nothing to do with the sound card.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.