Archive

Topic: Strange Issue (4 replies)
#1     Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:42 am
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject: Strange Issue

My cable came in from Bulldog yesterday, so I connected my Parkwood Paddles to the serial port (COM 4), set the audio input the Stereo Mix in CQ100...had Dahdidah set to WDM, COM4, and it made dits and dahs when I tested the paddles.

So I fired up CQ100, and sent out a CQ at location 14004, the needle moved and I could hear the dits and dahs....sent it out a couple more times, no one answered...no biggie.

So I tuned up a few and tried it again, I could hear the dits and dahs....but the needle wasn't moving and QSONET didn't show me in transmit mode. I checked the settings, nothing had changed. So I closed out of CQ100 and Dahdidah. Restarted Dahdiddah, tested it, looked good. Fired up CQ100, sent CQ, everything was working...until I changed freqs again.

Any ideas?
#2     Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:17 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

The CQ100 is forced to receive mode whenever you make a frequency change. You must use the PTT to resume transmitting on a new frequency.

I just did a test with the VOX engaged, and it automatically resumes transmitting on the new frequency.

I think the behavior you describe is related to the MODE button, and use of PTT versus Vox. Just a hunch.

Also, try experimenting with the Squelch button, as this may cause a conflict on the Dahdidah sound card.

73, Doug
#3     Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:24 pm
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject:

I had it in VOX mode...I tried PTT after changing freqs and got the same thing...nothing out, although I had perfect sounding dits and dahs in the speaker, CQ100 did not indicate anything going out. I will screw with it some more tonight when I get home.

What mode should it be in? VOX or PTT?

My soundcard is integrated on the motherboard, it's a RealTek HD and works great for everything I have tried it on.
#4     Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:53 pm
KB4T
Holly Hill, FL

Subject: What sort of computer are you using?

Are you using a notebook PC or a desktop???

I use VOX Mode once I get everything setup and working. VOX mode eliminates the need to have to manually engage TRANSMIT and then manually switch back to Receive. Just need to be sure the microphone is muted!!!!!!!

You haven't mentioned what sort of PC you are using. There are some peculiar issues with many notebook PCs that are solved with the use of external (inexpensive) USB sound card products.

Frank KB4T
#5     Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:59 pm
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject:

I am not using a laptop. My computer is Windows Xp SP 2, AMD 3400+ (64 bit Athlon)with 1.5 GB RAM, sound is RealTek High Def Audio, and I am using a real RS-232 port, not the USB port.

VOX seems to work OK, although I haven't found anyone to QSO with so I don't know what the received audio sounds like.

I left the PC to go watch a program on TV, came back and found this error on the screen.

"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."

I had two apps running, Dahdidah and CQ100....the error doesn't indicate which application it is from. So I clicked OK and the CQ100 application closed. So I launched CQ100 again, got the error message stating the application was already running. So I check the task manager and sure enough CQ100.EXE was still showing as running, even though it wasn't. I manually stopped the CQ100.EXE application in the task manager and restarted CQ100...this time it fired up.

I'll mess with it some more.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.