Archive

Topic: Getting CQ100 to Transmit the Dahdidah Audio (5 replies)
#1     Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:25 pm
VE3EFC

Subject: Getting CQ100 to Transmit the Dahdidah Audio

This same procedure is used with any separate program like MixW and CwType.

Cllick the white question mark> Audio Input Open Mixer> Select the leftmost slider (usually named SterioMix or WhatYouHear). Now whatever you are hearing on your speakers will be transmiited on the CQ100. Adjust the volume slider for S9 to S10 level on the CQ100 S meter.

Note the Mic Gain on CQ100 will not work because the Mic is not selected on the Input Mixer.

I hope this helps. 73, Doug
#2     Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:25 pm
AB6TY
Paso Robles, CA

Subject:

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the assist... I tried what you said. on my older desktop, there is no stereo mixer slider, there is a mixer but only CD Audio, microphone, midi, etc. no what you hear...tried all available ones with no success on getting the signal to send.

My newer laptop, using a serial to USB adapter, it had a stereo and a mono mixer on the audio in but could not get any of the available sliders to allow me to key the rig/ send code over the air.

what should I have the cq100 button set to... PTT, PTT/PTL, Keyer, QRT, VOX?? and do I need to push to talk prior to sending.

sorry for all of the questions but the manual & help fileare unclearabout this part of operation.

73's

Rich, AB6TY
:D
#3     Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:55 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Rich.

On the Mixer window under Options> Advanced, you can choose which sliders are shown. I have never seen a sound card that is missing this slider.

You can set the Mode button to any setting you prefer. Keyer setting will respond only to keyboard typing. QRT setting will not transmit at all.

As long as Mic is not selected as input, I use VOX so it goes to transmit when I move my paddle. Be careful with VOX because if you play music later on your computer it will be transmitted. Everything that comes out of the speakers is transmitted.
#4     Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:08 pm
AB6TY
Paso Robles, CA

Subject:

Okay Doug, I'll give it another try. I assume that when all is correct with the settings that I should see the power output needle moving up and down as I key the bug, right?

I'll let you know how it goes.

Rich
AB6TY
#5     Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:49 pm
AB6TY
Paso Robles, CA

Subject: It's Alive! It's Alive!!

Ok....I got it working on air! it sounds a little raspy but it works.

on my sound mixer on my old gateway desktop the sound card is a creative sb live and I had to choose the Record level slider and as for the com port, I was using my USB to Serial adapter on Com11 and ASIO-4-All... when I set the COM Port to Xon - Xoff and put the radio on VOX it started to work on the air. So, now that I at least got it working, I can try different settings for tonal quality.
73's
:P
Richard
AB6TY
Paso Robles, CA
#6     Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:04 am
VE3HO
43 02 17N 19 17 21W

Subject:

Hi Doug

okay needed the advanced button to add the volumn slider for stero mix and now it works fine and will remember about the vox and music later on.

73 Garth

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.